Card holder Benefits
The ABTC cuts though the red tape of business travel and gives frequent business travelers pre-cleared entry to participating APEC economies.
- Fast-track entry and exit at participating airports
- Acts in lieu of visas or entry permits and allows multiple short term entry to participating APEC economies.
- Card valid for five years* from first issue.
As one of the supporting organisations, MICCI is certified to facilitate the support letter for all MICCI Members when applying for the ABTC with the Immigration Department of Malaysia. For more information, visit the Department of Immigration Website
There are (19) economies fully involved in the ABTC system:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hong Kong, China
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
Canada and the United States are transitional members of the scheme. ABTC Holders may use fast-track lanes provided at participating airports; however, ABTC holders must present any visa, travel or other entry documents when traveling to both countries.
How to Apply:-
- *Malaysian citizens ONLY.
- Frequent traveler.
- Holds a passport with a minimum validity of 3 years.
- Members of the business community who has trade and investment activities:
- Senior Executive Level positions i.e.
- Directors / Managing Directors /Executive Directors
- Sales or Marketing Manager
- **Professionals e.g. Lawyers (Partners), Accountants etc. registered with their respective professional bodies.
*Malaysians working overseas may request the letter of support from MITI/MATRADE offices located in their respective countries **Professionals have to apply for the letter of support from their respective professional bodies, e.g. Lawyers (Partners) in a legal firm have torequest from the Malaysian Bar Council.
- Submit the following required documents and payment.
- Completed Checklist
- Letter (link to Letter to Immigration file) from the Employer to the Immigration Department [on Company Letterhead]
- Letter from the Employer to MICCI [on Company Letterhead]
- One (1) recent passport-sized photo [in BLUE background]
- One (1) copy of applicant’s Malaysian Passport biodata page with minimum validity of three (3) years
- One (1) copy of applicant’s Malaysian Identity Card
- *One (1) copy of the applicant’s Work Permit/ Permanent Resident Card (which ever applicable)
Payment of RM35 per application to MICCI via:
- Cheque/ Bank Transfer/ Cash
Submit all completed documents to the following address:
Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry
C-8-8, Level 8, Block C, Plaza Mont’ Kiara
No. 2, Jalan Kiara, Mont’ Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
(Attn: Ms Chitra / Ms Adilah / Mr Nazim)
Verification & Support Letter Issuance
MICCI will check and verify documents upon receipt.
Once verified, MICCI will issue the Letter of Support.
- MICCI will compile and submit applications to the Putrajaya Department of Immigration on Thursdays
- MICCI will email the ABTC reference number to Applicant to track the status of application within 7 days after submission
(MICCI does not track the status of application)
Application Status Tracking & Length of Time for Approval
Applications are estimated to receive all 19 approvals in 3-6 months.
Application status may be tracked using the application reference number at this website
[The length of time taken for approval by foreign economies could vary significantly and is not controlled by MICCI or the Malaysian Department of Immigration]
ABTC Card Collection:
- Applicants may collect their card once ALL 19 PRE-CLEARANCE have been approved.
- The Department of Immigration charges RM100 per card.
- Payment and collection should be made at the Putrajaya Department of Immigration:
APEC Business Travel Card Unit
Immigration Department of Malaysia
No.15, Level 1 (Podium)
Federal Government Administrative Centre
Precinct 2, 62550 Putrajaya
Option 1 (Collect Personally)
If applicant wishes to collect personally, submit the following:
- Current Passport (Original)
- Fee of RM100.00 per card
Option 2 (Representative to Collect)
A representative may collect on applicant’s behalf. Representatives are required to submit the following:
- Authorisation Letter on Company letterhead.
- A Copy of Representative’s Identity Card.
- Latest Copy of Applicant’s Passport Biodata Page.
- Fee of RM100.00 per card.
Option 3 (MICCI to Collect)
MICCI may collect on applicant’s behalf. Submit the following to MICCI:
- Authorisation Letter (link to ABTC Authorisation Letter) from the Company authorising our representative
- Latest Copy of Applicant’s Passport Biodata Page
- Fee of RM100.00 per card
- Fee of RM100.00 for MICCI
For enquiries, call 03-6201 7708 or email the following:
Ms. Chitra Devi firstname.lastname@example.org