MICCI Engagement Session With MGTC
On 2nd November 2023, The Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MICCI) held an engagement session with Malaysia Green Technology Corporation (MGTC), to discuss various matters related to electric vehicles (EV) and green technology.
During the discussion, several important matters were raised and discussed as below:
- EV Charging Infrastructure
Streamlining GITA Application process
- National guidelines Infrastructure setup plan on EV for Commercial vehicles
- Limited driving range of current EV models in Malaysia deterring potential buyers
- Solar energy
- Clear policies and incentives to manage the transition from internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles to electric vehicles.
- Implementation of waste management towards battery disposal to maintain our sustainability goals.
- Transition of public transportation, such as busses and trucks, to electric powertrains requires strategic planning and policy support.
The meeting addressed critical aspects of Malaysia's transition to green technologies and EVs, emphasising the importance of government, industry, and public cooperation in achieving these goals. MGTC also expressed its commitment to further collaborations and engagements with industries to promote and educate them about green technologies and sustainability.
For several key points that emerged from the meeting, please click on this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pNGvXYARvWQdACwehYVNoP45iK9Sw2KF/view?usp=sharing