Ordinan Darurat -Emergency (Essential Powers) Ordinance 2021
Under the provisions of the Federal Constitution, Malaysia’s Head of State or the Yang di-Pertuan Agong (YDPA) is given the power to issue a “Proclamation of Emergency” in the event of imminent or immediate danger and unrest to the nation during times of war, natural disasters or during moments of political or civil disorder.
The nationwide state of Emergency (Essential Powers) Ordinance 2021 is effective until 1st August 2021 to curb the infectious disease, Covid-19 pandemic that has reached alarming levels in the country.
Here are some of the interesting highlight of the Emergency (Essential Powers) Ordinance 2021 for your kind attention:-
• Power to take temporary possession of land, building or movable property
• Demand for use of resources
• Offence and compensation for violating the Ordinance
• Additional powers of armed forces
• Protection against suits and legal proceedings against the Government
• Executive and legislative powers
• Election of Parliament and State Legislative Assembly until YDPA decide
For the official Federal Government Gazette for Emergency (Essential Power) Ordinance 2021, please click on this link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sGSRsyx_WVs0TKBxcx_3kvbUeM6DcRnS/view?usp=sharing